Having problems connnecting your laptop on Campus? Here are a few items that may be helpful in correcting your problems:
1. If you are running a 64 bit operating system, you need to go to ITD for assistance.
2. You must uninstall any peer-to-peer (P2P) software, such as Limewire, FrostWire, Kazaa etc. If you do not uninstall the P2P software, you will not be allowed to access the MTSU Wireless network. If you have any questions in regards to this, contact ITD at 898-5345.
3. Next you need to "register" your laptop with Campus. How do you do this? Simple, open a browser page to MTSU's home page (http://www.mtsu.edu/). From this point you will be redirected to the registration page. ITD has provided a short tutorial to step you through this process. You can find a link to it at: http://library.mtsu.edu/information/computing/laptop.php
4. During this process your computer will be checked to insure it meets the minimum requirements to access the MTSU wireless network. If you do not have an anti-virus program, you will be redirected to a free version of Trend-Micro anti-virus. If you do not wish to use this program, you may purchase another brand or download one of the free versions. Word of caution, there are several "fake" anti-virus programs on the web, so be careful what you download. One safe site is http://free.avg.com/
5. You should also ensure that your MS criticals are up to date. You can do that by doing a Windows Update (click on Start, go to All programs, select "Windows Update" then follow the on screen instructions.) If you are uncertain or need assistance, check in the EIC (computer area on the 1st floor) for a Student Technology Assistant to assist you.
6. Once you fill in all the required information it will step you through the process of loading the EnTeraSys client. No error messages, then your done.
7. If you recieve an error: "max number of remediation attempts has been exceeded", you will need to go to ITD (BAS after 16:30 / 4:30pm) to unlock your account.