Friday, June 25, 2010
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Watch a video introduction
At the Walker Library today we are partying like it is our birthday. You might even see a few of us doing the electric slide, the lawnmower or raising the roof in the atrium. We are that excited. What could make librarians bust a move in the middle of the day? InfoSearch is live!
The Walker Library has converted to a new integrated library system and catalog. This new system replaces Voyager. InfoSearch offers MTSU faculty and students a quick and intuitive search interface to the combined catalogs of Walker Library, the Center for Popular Music, the Instructional Media Resource Center and the Howard Music Library.
What does this mean for you? Bottom line, it makes it easier to find books and articles and other resources. InfoSearch has:
- A Google-like search
- Spell check
- “Did you mean” help
- Ability to search by tag
- Advanced search options
- Users can rate resources
- Recently added materials suggestions
- Book cover art
- Table of contents
- Content summary
Want to see what its all about? Try InfoSearch now and you may find yourself striking up a conga line with the strangers at the table next to you.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Saturday, June 12 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Eagleville Bicentennial Library
317 Highway 99, in Eagleville
The purpose of the event is to preserve Eagleville’s history in education. Organizers invite the public to bring the following materials for scanning:
- Items related to schools from 1970 and before
- School class photographs
- Photographs of school buildings
- Commencement announcements or programs
- School activities (including sports)
- School-related photos or memorabilia.
Bring your items to the library to scan. Must be 9" x 12" or smaller. Take your materials right back home for your safekeeping. Please bring your own flash drive if you have one.
For more information, contact Lynda Duke at 615-904-8525 or email@example.com.
Friday, June 4, 2010
- Our circulation system will still work so you can continue to check books out!!! Yay! You can get to our book catalog on-campus and off by going to http://126.96.36.199/. What's this book thing we speak of? Stop by the Reference desk and we'll give you a free tour of this quaint but reliable device.
- Off-campus access to library resources will be unavailable during this time, including our databases.
- Still need to print something or type up a paper? Go to the computer lab on the 1st floor and ask Justin at the desk by the printers and he will log you into a computer. The computers on the upper floors will be off limits until the repairs are finished Saturday afternoon.
- You should be able to access D2L courses off-campus by logging in at http://elearn.mtsu.edu/.
- Student email is accessible off-campus by logging in at http://www.outlook.com/.
Thursday, June 3, 2010