As we announced earlier, we now have 9 group study rooms on the 2nd floor which may be reserved in advance. Here are the guidelines for this new service:
1. Group study rooms are available to current MTSU students by presenting a valid MTSU ID at the Service Desk.
2. Group study rooms may be reserved up to one week in advance.
3. Group study rooms are reserved for academic purposes only. Rooms cannot be reserved for recreational meetings, sorority/fraternity activities, or other non-academic activities.
4. Group study rooms are reserved on a first come first served basis and may be reserved for up to four hours at a time. No waiting list for available group study rooms will be maintained.
5. Group study room reservations are made in person only. One member of a study group is required to be present when making a request for a group study room reservation.
6. The individuals who obtain a group study room reservation will be issued an official library group study room reservation slip by the Service Desk personnel at the requested reservation time. When picking up a group study room reservation, at least two members of the study group are to be present.
7. Reservations will be held for 15 minutes past assigned reservation time. If at least two members of the group are not present by this time, the reservation will be cancelled.
8. The requestors are to display the reservation slip in the assigned room’s window and return the reservation slip to the Service Desk upon leaving the library.
9. The library is not able to supply the name of individuals reserving group study rooms, nor the location of an individual in a group study room.
10. Groups in the reserved group study rooms will adhere to all normal library policies and procedures.
11. Food is not permitted in group study rooms.
12. Drinks with lids are permitted in group study rooms.