- developing a research strategy
- selecting finding tools
- using finding tool features
- retrieving sources
- evaluating sources
- documenting sources
- understanding economic, legal, and social issues related to information
- MTSU's incoming freshmen score, on average, score lower than their counterparts at peer institutions on all eight skill sets.
- MTSU freshmen scored highest on selecting finding tools, but their biggest weakness was retrieving sources.
- There is a great need for teaching faculty to bring their classes to the library for library research instruction.
Questions? Please contact Jason Vance, Information Literacy Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-494-7871.