The entire campus Middle Tennessee State University has entered into a managed print solution in order to provide more efficient copying and printing services. A contract was awarded to the RJ Young Company based on the company’s technical and cost proposals that were submitted during the request for proposal (RFP) process. MTSU currently owns or leases all printers and copiers on campus. In the future, the University will view printing and copying as a service. To the participants of this program, this means that there will be no leases, no purchases, no buying of printing or copying supplies. The RJ Young Company will provide an all-inclusive acquisition and service solution for MTSU’s printing and copying equipment and maintain the fleet and associated services as an integral element of the University’s educational and academic mission. The goal of this solution is to provide improved copying/printing services for less overall cost to the University which will flow directly through each department. Departmental funds currently budgeted for the purchase of printers, copiers, and expenses such as maintenance, toner, or lease payments will remain with the department and can be reallocated within the department to other departmental needs. The removal of existing equipment if necessary will take place as soon as new equipment is installed, and a consultation with each area and department will be performed in order to make the right-fit solution recommendation.
Update: Printing in the Library
Effective January 20, 2015
What’s New for Students?
- Student allocation begins Tuesday, January 20th.
- Students can print approximately 320 black & white or 140 color prints each semester.
- Use MT Mail login (ex. acj2z) and password or swipe your MTSU ID to use the computers and release the print job.
- Print jobs can be held in the queue for 24 hours.
- To check balance and add funds, go to http://blueid.mtsu.edu/.
- For assistance stop by the Library Technology Services Desk (1st floor past the elevators).
These changes affect all campus labs.
Community users and alumni, your printing process is different. Please stop by the Service Desk on the 1st floor to get started!