The Walker Library along with Instructional Media Resources is sponsoring a webinar for faculty to help them apply copyright laws appropriately in the classroom, research, and scholarship.
Copyright and Faculty Rights
May 12, 2011
12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
Library Conference Room 475
It is not always clear how copyright and fair use laws apply to teaching. The increasing ease of copying and distribution of digital materials raises the stakes even more. Faculty often do not have access to the resources and support they need to sort those challenges out. Join us online to understand the challenges and solutions of applying copyright law in your classrooms, research, and scholarship.The webinar will cover:
- Ownership of copyrighted works
- Copyright in your own works and publications
- Steps to protect and manage your copyright
- Publication agreements
- Open content requirements
- Institutional requirements and open access
- Fair use – using and being used (including Google Books)
For more information call the Library at 615-898-2772.
photo credit: pryere at flickr.com