- It’s time to clean out the struggle from last semester and focus on the future. In this session we will discuss ways to spring into a successful semester. We will also talk about probation status, what it means and how to get off of probation. If you are looking to make a clean start, this session is for YOU!
- Time management is something students struggle with each semester. This session will cover one of the first steps to success- techniques to help you manage your time wisely.
- Fall is gone…time to Spring along! What an easy journey you can make if you apply simple study skills for test taking. Don’t know where to start? Join me and I will guide you from beginning to end.
February 15th - Library BINGO
- Spend a fun hour playing BINGO and learning what successful MTSU students know about the library. This session will cover information on timesaving online research sites and citation tools, getting the most out of Google Scholar, 10 foods to
sneakbring into the library to improve your productivity, tips for finding an open computer in the library, and how to save money on textbooks.
February 22nd - Academic Integrity & YOU: The Role All Students Play in Upholding MTSU's Values
- Doing what's right, even when no one is watching is often much harder for students than they realize. This presentation covers the four different parts of MTSU's Academic Misconduct policy. Each rule will be highlighted and ways to avoid committing plagiarism will be discussed. The session also focuses on WHY Academic Integrity is so important and the ways all students contribute to MTSU's reputation, knowingly or not.
- From book reports in first grade to the executive retreat at work, we will never outgrow presentations. Regardless of the setting or audience, following a few guidelines can guarantee an effective session. If you truly want to “Spring Into Academic Success”, start by learning these essential presentation skills.
March 22nd - Advising showers bring Registration flowers!
- Academic advising is a very important part of each and every student’s experience at MTSU. This workshop will discuss advisor and student responsibilities and the nature of the student-advisor relationship as well as discussing key resources available to students via their academic advisors. Registration goes beyond adding and dropping courses. This session will highlight important dates and how student can be proactive in regards to Priority Registration.
March 29th - Spring Break Career Party
Presenters: Bill Fletcher, Director, Career Development CenterKaty Francisco Riddle, Publicity & Outreach Coordinator, Career Development Center
- Does combining career information and a Spring Break party sound too good to be true? Discover how your personality relates to majors and possible career fields during this fun and interactive party that will help lead the way to choosing your career path.
April 19th & April 26th - Put a Spring in Your Final Exam Preparation
Presenter: Laura Clippard, Academic Advisor, University Honors College
- This session will provide a helpful guide to students who are not sure how to study for final exams. A brief review of test taking tips will also be included.